Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lifecell

I studied biology with such disinterest in school that the scores hardly speak of what i learnt. Same with chemistry. But then both the subjects are fascinating to say the least. Much more than mathematics i guess. My liking for maths always made me dislike most other subjects, throughout my student life. But when i read this, i want to go back to school and learn things better, Be amazed with the subject as a 15 year old.

http://www.lifecellinternational.com/power-of-stem-cells-and-cord-blood/banking-cord-blood

I never knew of the private banking of stem cells. When my brother was telling me about it, i had that wow expression on my face all the while and longer. If i ever have a baby, the cord blood is definitely going to get stored in a private bank as well as a public bank. It is so cool!

PS: As an aside, i still like maths the best, and somebody reaffirms it too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cord blood banking is pricey. Bookmark this in case you or somebody else can use it down the road...
http://www.cord-blood-banking-coupon.com

ferret said...

@anon - Thanks for that link. Yea it seems expensive, but totally worth it. I will have to find out if such gift registry and coupons exist in India.

Harshdeep Singh said...

Good idea! Totally beats keeping it in fridge :P

ferret said...

even i thought about how awesome being able to store it in the fridge would be :)

Ni said...

I found about it a little too late and cant tell you how bad I feel. In my defense all through my term last thing I wanted to read was about babies and everything related. Blame the hormones. :P

ferret said...

so what did you end up reading (credit the hormones!) :P

Cord Blood Banking said...

Cord Blood Banking is like a Life Insurance for Your Child & Family Members.

It can help protect your family from over 75 life-threatening diseases.

Ni said...

haha
I read ans re-read Harry Potter and LOTR. Lets see if the machka boy shows some great powers now. :P